Machinima Report

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Learning to Navigate Second Life

(posted by ndlp)
One of my favorite moments occurs in a sort of newbie location called Japan Resort hanging out in a hot tub with a raw but effective translation program attached to my avatar. Joining me in the “bubbling water” are avatars controlled by someone in Japan, three people in Brazil and someone from Italy. We actually have a conversation through the translator program. I am having fun, but man, oh, man I can see the possibilities for interaction and diplomacy without the hindrances of geography, culture or language.

Now how to apply all of these experiences to our project…

1 comment:

My Family said...

Marouane Chamakh believes his sought-after Arsenal team-mates Cesc Fabregas national lottery numbers and Samir Nasri will end up leaving the club this summer. Intense transfer speculation continues to surround both players,Play Bingo with captain Fabregas still being pursued by boyhood club Barcelona while Manchester City are thought to be leading the race for Nasri.